Thursday 31 December 2020

Get your Sh*t together

 On the eve of a new year, after an absolutely rubbish year some of us are starting to think about how it can possibly get any worse. It's worth remembering that Mad Max was set in 2021 and Cyberpunk was 2020.

So with that in mind it's time to crack out a classic game and get into the spirit of chaos and catastrophe and play Aftermath! 

Aftermath TTRPG
Aftermath, failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

I played it ages ago and it was a good game, I can't remember anything about the system, sorry, it kind of felt a little bit like Traveller but more dirty and simplified. What I can remember about it though is it did make me think about what would happen in this situation and I did start making plans and lists on things I needed to sort out in the even of the end of civilisation as we know it. They used to say roleplaying, especially Dungeons and Dragons was a gateway into demon worship and Satanism, well, all it did with me was get me interested in a survivalism a bit and learned quite a few handy skills.

Us old gits are hard to kill.
If you see an old-un in a post apocalypse setting, they are alive for a reason, they are tough!

Anyway, Aftermath is well worth hunting down and giving it ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment